When you go on a Lake Superior charter fishing trip, being prepared is key. Below you will find everything you need to know ahead of your trip!
Departure times are 0600 hrs for morning trips (full day as well) and 1230 hrs for afternoon trips. Alternate departure times can be arranged on days when we do not have 2 half day trips booked.
What to bring:
- Warm clothes! The weather on Lake Superior can be unpredictable and we recommend to dress in layers with a waterproof shell.
- A camera. Besides taking pictures of your catch, Lake Superior offers some of the most beautiful scenery and sunrises you can imagine. You will also have opportunities to take photos of ships, wildlife, and of course the Duluth Aerial Lift Bridge.
- Sunscreen. We provide sunscreen on the boat, but it is recommended you bring you own to ensure you have your preferred brand and SPF.
- Sunglasses. Just trust us here.
- A valid MN or WI fishing license depending for the water we’re fishing that day. You can purchase these at most convenience or bait stores. Both states also allow you to buy licenses online. It is highly recommended you take care of this before you arrive at the dock. Remember that in MN you need a trout stamp and in WI you need a great lakes trout stamp (unless you purchase the 24 hour lake superior license) If you have any questions about what license you need, give us a call!
Here’s a link to the MN DNR Online Licensing Page
- A cooler and any food or beverage you wish to bring. A cooler will allow you to keep your catch fresh as you transport it home. We’ll even clean and package the fish for you! Bottled water will be provided on the boat, but any other beverages or food are up to you to provide.
- A positive attitude. It’s simple, fish bite better when everyone on board has a positive attitude. At FishNorth we strive to provide you with the most enjoyable day on the water possible. The reality of Lake Superior charter fishing is that there are days when the fish don’t cooperate. A positive attitude ensures that everyone has a enjoyable day regardless of how many fish find their way to the cooler.
- Last but not least……absolutely no Bananas! Bringing Banana’s on board is likely the only way to take a smile off your captain’s face here at FishNorth.
Half Day: (5 hours) $475
Full Day: (8 hours) $700
Scenery Cruises: (2 hr min) $100/hour
*rates are based on 4 people. $50 additional charge for each additional person (max 6.)
*All trips require a $125 non refundable deposit. Deposit will be returned in case of cancellation due to bad weather.