In our humble opinion, the Bois Brule River in northern Wisconsin is the premier waterway of the Midwest. We mainly focus on targeting anadromous trout and salmon that migrate from Lake Superior both in the fall and spring. We target these fish with both single handed and switch fly rods. The majority of the time we fish nymphs and egg patterns below an indicator. However, when the conditions are right Brule River Steelhead, Browns, and Salmon can be taken by swinging large streamers. Having one of these fish crush a swung fly is truly an experience you will never forget and is our favorite method to target them! We encourage catch and release on all Steelhead and Brown Trout caught out of the Brule River and can accommodate fly anglers of all skill levels.
What to bring:
- Waders. Any waders that are comfortable and dry will work. An important aspect to consider is your wading boots. The streambed of the Brule can be very slippery and boots with a felt bottom or studs are highly recommended. Remember, a lot of productive days on the Brule have been soured by leaky waders.
- Food or beverage. Bring only what you can fit in your backpack or vest. It’s important to stay hydrated and energized, but you don’t want a 2 litre of Pepsi and a 4 course meal slowing you down as we cover numerous miles throughout the day.
- A camera or phone with a camera. Any fish caught out of the Brule is a fish of a lifetime. Also, every angler has that one friend who won’t believe your fish story without proof. Your guides will also carry a camera or phone with camera capabilities and can email you any photos of your trophy.
- Warm clothes. We cannot stress enough how important layers are. You will enjoy yourself more and fish more effectively when dry, warm, and comfortable.
- Eye protection. Glasses, sunglasses, or anything that protects your eyes from a bogey fly or split shot. Even the most experienced anglers have experienced the terror of a fly shooting back at their face after pulling out of a snag, fish, or after a misplaced cast.
- A valid WI fishing license and inland trout stamp. These can be purchased at most convenience stores, bait shops, or online. Please contact us if you have any questions about which license or stamp you need.
1 angler: $325
2 anglers: $450
*All trips require a $125 non refundable deposit. Deposit will be returned in case of cancellation due to bad weather.